A special Independence Day broadcast from Basic Gospel. — I love the 4th of July. It’s a wonderful experience for us as Americans that enjoy this freedom everyday. But on a much deeper level there are many who are looking for freedom in their souls. In John 8:31, Jesus tells us if we hold to his teachings, we will be his disciples. When we hold to his teachings, we will know the truth, and that truth will set us free. Freedom is what Christ has in mind for each and every one of us. This freedom can only come through Jesus Christ. When we come into this freedom, we shouldn’t use it to serve ourselves, but use our freedom to serve one another in love. Are you in bondage to sin? Would you like to be free from that bondage today? Accept Jesus’ words as true, know that He is our savior, and you will be set free from the bondage of sin.
Life + forgiveness = freedom Romans 7:5-6 “For when we were in the realm of the flesh, the sinful passions aroused by the law were at work in us, so that we bore fruit for death. But now, by dying to what once bound us, we have been released from the law so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit, and not in the old way of the written code.” We are motivated from an environment of freedom. Those of us who are in Christ are free and nothing can take that away from us. We walk in the newness of life no matter where we are. * What day are we to worship according to Exodus 18:11?
* What did you mean when you said “If evolution is true, then God cannot exist?”
* In revelation, talking about the seven churches, he is saying to each church, ”But I have this against you”. Is this to us? Revelation 2:4 * Kelli calls to clarify Richard’s comments about evolution. * Please explain Matthew 27:53 concerning Jesus appearing to many people.
There is a freedom that we have as children of God that nothing in the world can rob us of. We need to stand firm in that freedom. There are obstacles to that freedom. We’re all natural-born legalists. And only through faith in Christ are we made free. It’s easy to get sidetracked by our old legalistic tendencies. Has the Son set you free?
* How do I minister to someone who is immersed in Grace and yet deceived by the misunderstanding of living abundantly?
* Tony believes this is a sign of the great falling away and will lead to the Bible being taken away. * What does “grieving the Holy Spirit” mean?
Freedom as far as we experience in America is a derived one. The one who is truly free is God. Jesus was sent to set us free. DL Moody said, “If you believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, you are free.” You may not know it or experience it, but it doesn’t change the truth that you are free. Can you handle that freedom? What are the obstacles to freedom? * How do you know the difference between feelings and truth?
* What do you think of giving to a church whose pastor lives in a million dollar house? * Would you please explain what sanctification is and how we become sanctified?
1 John 4:7, 8 “Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.” Love is action that God does on our behalf and He’s given us His knowledge of love. Our job is to get the knowledge of God to the world. I wrote about this in “Simple Gospel, Simply Grace”. * When it comes to Biblical marriage how are we to resolve marital conflicts?
* George calls to share how “Basic Gospel” has been life-changing for him. “I know now who Christ is in me and what He’s done for me. I was so moved by your resources I’ve passed them on to a friend too.” * Joy challenges us to not let the devil deceive us.
* Chris continues to struggle with his assurance of salvation.
How do we answer decisions like the one that the Supreme Court handed down today? Paul answers it this way in 2 Corinthians 5:16 “So from now on we regard no one from a worldly point of view. Though we once regarded Christ in this way, we do so no longer.” Jesus focuses us on people. His work is about individuals. Our calling is to bring the good news of Jesus Christ to those in need. * Is the judgment from God only for the end times or is it happening today? * Patrick calls to agree with the decision on same-sex marriage. * Jack is extremely disappointed in the SCOTUS decision.
One of my favorite passages is Romans 8:1-2 “Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death.” When we talk about freedom we’re talking about some very specific things according to the Gospel. This freedom is central to experiencing the fullness of the Gospel. We in Christ benefit from a better law through God’s Spirit.
* Some of the things we pray for: wanting to know the Lord, understanding the grace of God, wisdom, discernment, how to respond in love and grace.
* Wayne calls to say “thanks” to Richard for showing him he could go to the Throne of Grace on our own behalf. Ephesians 3:12 “In him and through faith in him we may approach God with freedom and confidence.” * What kind of music should we be allowed to listen to?
* David asks about what Romans 8:1-2 really means.