Lesson 2 of the New Covenant Journey. Jesus was born under the Old Covenant and, on his death, ushered in the New Covenant. Jesus fulfilled the Law by living in perfect dependence on His Father. In His death, the Law was fulfilled. In this New Covenant, we have life!
In Galatians Paul had this to write, “I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you to live in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel–which is really no gospel at all.” It would seem that we would find common ground around Jesus Christ. But is there confusion out there around the Gospel of Jesus Christ? So often churches will use the buzz words, but when we get to the specifics of the New Covenant that’s where the controversies come.
* How does the Holy Spirit comfort us physically and emotionally if we’re walking by faith?
* Aaron shares part of his journey to grace. He was looking for a greater blessing not realizing his blessing was life in Christ.
Paul wrote this “For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile.” We think there’s a statement of boldness – which it is. If you want right standing with God this Gospel message is for you. It’s the only message of truly good news.
* I recently went through an episode of depression… but I continue to be worried and have lost the peace in my heart.
* Clay comments about Romans 13:1 in regards to the recent decision Kim Davis made concerning issuing marriage licenses. * When where the angels cast from Heaven? Jude 1:6
The Gospel is good news. How would you define good news? In Paul’s letter to the Romans writes, “Paul, a servant of Christ Jesus, called to be an apostle and set apart for the gospel of God– the gospel he promised beforehand through his prophets in the Holy Scriptures regarding his Son, who as to his earthly life was a descendant of David, and who through the Spirit of holiness was appointed the Son of God in power by his resurrection from the dead: Jesus Christ our Lord.”
* Join us in New York, October 23 and 24 or in D.C. November 7 Information: http://basicgospel.net/events * How do I counsel my married friends?
* Francesca calls for clarification on questions concerning birth control and communion. * Eugene answers the question Bob asked, “How would you define ‘good news’?”
We’re taking a deep dive into the Gospel this month. What is it and how does it effect us. This good news of Jesus Christ effects us in a marvelous ways. Paul writes in 1 C 15:1, 2 “Now, brothers and sisters, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received and on which you have taken your stand. By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain.” At that time many people let go of the message of Jesus and grabbed other “good news”. But if it’s not the story of Jesus, it’s not truly good news. 3, 4 “For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures” * Is using birth control wrong?
* How are those who haven’t heard about Jesus?
* Is communion the literal body of Christ or is it symbolic? John 6:53
God has a will for your life. When Jesus died, God’s will took effect. All the provisions are contained within what the Bible calls the New Covenant. The New Covenant provides everything you need for your journey as a believer in Christ. God desires that you embrace all that is yours and experience to the full the New Covenant life. There is nothing that can compare to it. Join us each Friday as we take an in-depth look at God’s will and what this wonderful covenant has in store for you.
When you ask 100 people how to defined the Gospel more than likely you will get 100 different answers. This month we are going to be taking a deep dive into the Gospel. Jesus is bringing something that is brand new. This month we have a new CD titled Something New. What is new in the Gospel Message that we didn’t have the day before?
* Dr. Joe Langley, pastor of Park Meadows Church in Waxahachie, TX is our special guest. Through books, Joe became aware of the foundational truths of grace and found that scripture came alive as never before and was a natural fit. Joe invites all listeners to attend Basic Gospel Day at Park Meadows on October 4. Visit http://basicgospel.net/events for information. You will enjoy listening to Joe and we are grateful for his support and encouragement!
* Lets talk about the word New. The word New is everywhere in the new covenant. People have a desire to have the newest product out on the market. But sometimes when we talk about a complete change in religion, or government we get scared. This gospel message offers everything new. This is not an improved life, Jesus introduces us to a brand new life. Christianity is not a self improvement program
* I saw a Facebook post “It’s your obedience to His Word that will get you in Heaven and holiness, without which no man man will see The Lord. ” How do you answer this?