Jesus is God’s gift to each and everyone of us. When we receive Him we have life. And that’s what this Easter season is all about. Salvation is all about life… the new life we have in Christ. * Is it wrong to pray every night for the Lord to take me home? * At the transfiguration was that Jesus’ glorified body?
* Where do tithes fit into the New Covenant?
* Is fasting for today?
* How do you handle family members who always put you down? * Will God have mercy on me for my addiction that I can’t give up?
The focus of the ministry is the New Covenant and through this New Covenant we get to enjoy the love of God. Ephesians 3:16-21 “I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith…” It’s the power to believe in the depths of the love of God. As we get to know the love of God we are filled with or controlled by His love * Do you see that faith itself is a gift and that knowledge is also a gift?
* Is redemption from Jesus or God? Do I give credit to Jesus and push the Father aside?
* Concerning people who die in accidents or tragic events like the recent plane crash… is their death happening before their time?
Let’s look at Revelation 20:4-6 “I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God…” Why is this good news to us as believers? Why can we find hope in this? In the first chapter John records the words of Jesus… “Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last.”
* Nate emails us: “You said the Kingdom of God is here and we do not need to say the our father. I say that the Kingdom of god would not have murder, rape and abuse in it.” and asks, “if it were here, then why say they would not inherit it?”
* I know that Jesus’ body was three days and nights in the tomb, then he was resurrected. He gave up the Spirit on the cross. Is there any way to show that both Jesus’ soul and his Spirit went to Abraham’s bosom during that three day period?
How important was the resurrection to Peter? In 1 Peter 1:3-5 we read “Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade.” He continues in chapter 3 “It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ” * I show higher reverence for God over Jesus. Is that correct? * How did resurrection become know as Easter?
* Who is the author referring to in Hebrews 6:4-8?
* What does it mean to “again crucify to themselves the Son of God”? * Is this happening today?
* How important is it to understand the history, setting and culture of the times when Jesus taught? Can we really “get it” without that?
* Can you explain what Jesus meant by Matthew 16:28 – “Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.”? They did die and didn’t see this happen.
All this month we’ve been talking about the reality of the resurrection. But what is it that we get because of the resurrection? 2 Timothy 2:8, 9 “Remember Jesus Christ, raised from the dead, descended from David. This is my gospel, for which I am suffering even to the point of being chained like a criminal. But God’s word is not chained.” When we fix our eyes on Jesus, His faithfulness brings us back. * If the Holy Spirit is withdrawn how are people saved during the tribulation? * Viviana shares her thoughts about the movie “Do You Believe?” * Are we required to go to church?
* The Book of John states, “He who does not love his brother does not love the Lord”. I can’t do that. How can I love my brother and love my enemy?
* Eugene shares from Numbers 11:29 “I wish that all the Lord’s people were prophets and that the Lord would put his Spirit on them!”
Why is resurrection important to us? Our need is life. Paul wrote: “As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins…” How, through human effort, are you going to make yourself alive together with Christ? Do you have power over death? Can your good works bring life? In power God demonstrated His power over death by raising Christ from the dead. Have you been made alive with Christ? If not, will today be the day? You can be made alive with Christ today. * What do you think about women becoming pastors today?
* How does God deal with our sins as for the here and now?
* What about “faith without works is dead”?
Whenever the grace of God proclaimed there are critics. But grace is the only way. Romans 6 states “What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase?” If you think the Gospel is only forgiveness, it’s no wonder all you do is want to sin. But the reality is that we’ve died to sin and it will never be the craving of your heart. * Join us for Convention 220 April 24-26 http://www.network220.org/ * Thanks for “Love is…” http://loveisbook.net
* What does it mean to not cast your pearls before swine?
* Do you think Jesus’ words, “depart from me I never knew you”, could refer to me? * Was it’s David’s conscience or the Holy Spirit that motivated him?