The heart and soul of the Gospel message is the New Covenant. The death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ is the center piece of the Christian life. Because of this we stand as forgiven people before the throne of God. * What does someone have to do to be filled with the Holy Ghost? * What is the true meaning of the forgiveness found in the New Testament? * Alan calls to say “Thanks for program”.
* So many believers try to live without the power of the Holy Spirit that lives within them.
The law has not died and we are living in the New Covenant.
* How can you live apart from the law? Romans 7.
* 1 John 5:3 Does God want us to keep His commandments today? What are God’s commands? * Are there earthly consequences for sin?
* How do I live for God? Where does godliness come from?
* Can a believer in Christ keep all the laws?
* What about Ananias and Sapphira? Why did they die?
* Col 2:16 Should we keep the Sabbath today? Have no more relationship with the law and live in a spiritual rest.
Knowing we are dearly loved by God
* How does God correct us? Does God ever condemn us? Does God ever accuse us? Knowi the victory we have in Christ and that God is always for you. * Has the New Covenant been made with Jews or Gentiles? John 10:16
* Can a homosexual have a relationship with God? 2 Cor. 5:18 God does not give us a self improvement program.
What does it mean to be controlled by the Spirit? It means to be controlled by the love of God. And when we’re controlled by the love of God we will see that played out in our relationships. As a believer we’re always indwelt with God’s Spirit, but that doesn’t mean we’re always controlled by the Spirit. And when we’re not controlled by the Spirit we can turn to God to let Him teach us how to be controlled by His love. * Is the Song of Solomon talking about Jerusalem or a woman? * Chris is still unsure of his salvation.
* Diane’s health problems make her concerned for her salvation and she isn’t sure where God is in this situation.
If you want to know what God is asking of you as far as marriage is concerned, the answer is in Ephesians 5:25-33. Love your wife. God has called you to love your wife as Christ loved the church. That means that we must examine how Christ loved the church. This kind of love isn’t something we can do on our own, through human effort. As we learn to abide in Christ, to walk by faith, the love we will express to our wives is a love that is patient, kind, not envious or jealous, does not boast, isn’t self-seeking, doesn’t rejoice in evil. It’s a love that rejoices in truth, that hopes the best, believes the best, a love that perseveres. Men, our marriages are a reflection of the great love Christ has for the church. Listen for practical insight straight from the Word of God! * You Are Loved: http://basicgospel.net/contact/you-are-loved/ * Hear it. Believe it. Live it.: http://hbl.eventbrite.com
We see the Gospel message in Ephesians 2:1-10. Why did Jesus come to die? Because of you and me. In verse 4 and 5 we read, “But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions–it is by grace you have been saved.” The Gospel is life. We who were dead in sin have been made alive in Christ. * Is Matthew 24:13 for us today or just for those in Jesus’ time?
* Is the grace of God only applicable to the spiritual or does does it apply to our physical lives as well? * What is the difference between our spirit and our soul?
* Join us in Vacaville California for Hear it. Believe it. Live it. http://hbl.eventbrite.com
* Do atheists hold themselves accountable for anything? Do they realize their part of the destruction of mankind? * Why don’t some churches not celebrate the Lord’s Supper every week?
Galatians 5:6 “For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision has any value. The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love.” All to often we put importance on people’s standing in life. But the reality is that those things don’t really matter. What matters is our faith in Christ expressed in love.
* Eugene compares Old and New Testament worship. One is external. The other is internal. * Did Jesus know that God was His Father at age 12 when He spoke in the Temple? * Can a single person marry a divorced person?
* LaVonna shares her understanding of Jesus’ visit to the Temple. * Did the Israelites think of God as their Father?